The Living Waters Ranch
A community of individuals being healed and set free as we experience and share the good news of Jesus Christ
Serving God’s purposes in rural Honduras since November 2013
“Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop, within a yard of hell.” — C.T. Studd
To be compelled by a love for God and humanity as we serve as His instruments to bring about the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.
To be God’s refuge for orphaned, lost and broken individuals by extending Christ-centered hospitality, healing and guidance to them with the goal of raising them up as powerful servant leaders to their generation, wholly submitted to Christ and equipped for any good work.
- To serve as God’s messengers both to our immediate region and around the world, utilizing writing, music, preaching and other avenues of communication to proclaim the truth of God’s Word.
- To be a vibrant community of restoration and healing in Christ by cultivating spiritually, emotionally, physically, and intellectually those under our care as each person intentionally seeks to become an increasingly useful instrument in God’s hands.
- To have a special preference for the destitute in our rural neighborhood as God uses us to protect and provide for those on the margins of society through the creation of jobs, educational opportunities and spiritual formation.
- To embody the fullness of family as described in God’s Word, transcending ties of blood, race, nationality and social standing to form a beautifully united family in Christ.
GUIDELINES TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
- To utilize the Bible as our guide for all that we do.
- To depend upon the Holy Spirit to direct us.
- To understand that lives are transformed through relationship, thus placing our main focus on the cultivation of deep, sacrificial relationships rather than on tasks, programs or appearances.
- To assume a posture of long-term commitment in our relationships with the people the Lord places in our lives, accepting the responsibility of patiently coming alongside them without seeking immediate results or personal recognition.
- To carry our cross and follow Christ, spending ourselves joyfully on God’s will.
- To go beyond contractual agreements or professional obligations to function as the body of Christ as we live out the gospel, both at the Living Waters Ranch and in our personal lives.
- To fight the many evils in our region actively with prayer and fasting, interceding for God to establish His Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.
- To lead individuals to repentance and the confession of saving faith in Jesus Christ and shepherd them so they will desire their relationship and obedience to Jesus to transform them.
- To create and protect margins of study, prayer, reflection and silence, ensuring that the ministry leaders periodically have time away for rest and personal time with the Lord.
- To be generous with our time, finances and energy, recognizing that all that we have and are is due to God’s abundant provision.
- To cultivate ongoing communication and financial reporting both with local ministry partners and those abroad, coveting prayer, intercession and counsel as we maintain the highest level of integrity in all activities.
WORKS OF LOVE/LIFESTYLE OF SERVICE
- Family of Refuge
To devote ourselves to being God’s compassionate and responsive family as we seek to give a profound sense of belonging to those in our home, providing basic needs of food, clothing, shelter, medical and dental attention along with biblically-based guidance in a loving manner to Honduran children and youth whom the Honduran government has legally placed under our full-time care.
- Primary and Secondary School
- To receive into our homeschool-style program both those under our full-time care and local children/youth who come from disadvantaged situations and are eager to receive Christian formation.
- To embody God’s patience and perseverance as we teach the children/youth basic academic and life-skills.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for youth to grow and explore God’s will for their lives.
- To inculcate diligence, punctuality and integrity in them.
- To show them day after day the Way of Christ as we fight for their salvation and transformation into Christ-centered leaders in this broken country.
- To function not only as an educational center but to serve as an extended family to our students as we seek to disciple them holistically.
- Choir and Music Lessons
To develop a musical group, utilizing the ensemble as an instrument to inculcate discipline, respect, and faith in those who participate.
- Prayer Groups
To come together regularly as a family, school and community to give thanks and present our petitions to God, seeking His will constantly.
- Bible Study
To study God’s Word and proclaim the truth of Christ, growing together in the knowledge of God and obedience to Him.
- Christian Discipleship
To offer a discipleship course designed to help children, youth and adults who desire to deepen their walk with Christ and develop their ability to serve in His Kingdom.
- Sports, Art and Extracurricular Clubs
To offer dynamic after-school classes to the children/youth as part of their integral development and preparation for life as productive servants of God.
One thought on “Mission Statement”
Prayer For the Second Coming of Jesus –
I pray that Jesus Christ returns to Earth soon, to bring the eternal love and peace of the Kingdom of God to all who believe in Him, and for every knee to bow to Him, and for every tongue to confess that Jesus is Lord at His return. Amen.
Dear everyone, please pray for this prayer request above, and please share it with everyone, everywhere! Until it comes true, and Jesus returns to save His people – which hopefully, by then, will include all the people of the world!
God bless you!
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Also, please visit the website of
to see the prayer above
in 15 other languages! 🙂